Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies can spend more than $800 million and 12-15 years in bringing a drug to market. The clinical trials process is the longest and most expensive component of the drug development process. With increasing industry pressure to develop, test and market greater numbers of new drugs faster, competitive advantage will go to pharmaceutical companies that best control their clinical trials costs.
Drug companies stand to lose between $600,000 and $1 million each day a clinical trial delays a drug’s development. Keeping clinical trials on time and on budget is imperative. 75 percent of clinical trials are conducted using paper data collection; the remaining 25 percent are conducted electronically. The ability to capture data from paper case report forms is still the cornerstone of a clinical trials solution. Because of the many parties involved in the clinical development process —from investigators, to CRAs, to data monitors, to data entry technicians—process standardization and workflow enhancements are key for accelerating clinical trial timelines. Intelligent Documents helps healthcare achieve this objective.
"With Laserfiche we can reconstruct a person’s criminal history, their patterns of behavior, their associates and their present whereabouts."
-San Luis Obispo County, CA, District Attorney